Hello! All shifts are full but volunteers are more than welcome to arrive anytime to see if opportunities are available on site. Thank you for your interest and volunteering with We Give Thanks!
Volunteer Sign-up Instructions:
1. Select location.
2. Select volunteer shift.
3. Under select shift, pick volunteer shift again.
3. Select number of volunteers in your group. Minimum is 6 and maximum is 20.
4. Select available date (in white).
5. Select available shift time (WHITE BOX).
6. Input your information to finalize appointment.
Because of the overwhelming response each year, the following guidelines have been put in
- Your group may register to volunteer through the website only. No volunteer registration
will be taken over the phone.
- WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR VOLUNTEER JOB ESPECIALLY SERVING
LINES. PLEASE PLAN TO BE FLEXIBLE THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- Volunteer registration is for groups of 6 OR MORE ONLY and a maximum of 20.
- Volunteers of less than 6 in a group are welcome to show up on site; however, there is NO
guarantee that a volunteer assignment will be given.
- ALL Volunteers must have a liability form signed when they arrive on-site.
Volunteers under the age of 18 must have their liability form signed by a parent or
guardian. Click here to download the liability form.
- Check-in time is 30 minutes prior to the start of your shift and all members of your party
must be present in order to check in.
Because of increased food volume, safe foot traffic and more stringent health and safety requirements, we will have 1 preparation day. They will be as follows:
Wednesday, November 27 – Vegetable preparation at the Anaheim Convention Center, Hall E.
PARKING AND CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER:
All volunteers will park at the Anaheim Convention Center need to enter at the guard shack off West Street. Guards will be there. Volunteers need to identify themselves and then will be directed to the correct parking lot. On the first level of the parking garage, you will enter the back of Hall E through the pedestrian doors. There will be other signs as well to prevent any volunteers from getting lost.
The following rules apply to all volunteers at all locations:
Closed toed shoes of non-slip variety. Preferably no tennis shoes.
No tank tops
Some form of hat or hair covering (baseball cap, plastic food processor cap, hairnet, etc.) must be worn.
Please do not bring any kitchen utensils onto the premises (knives, peelers, etc.).
Everything will be provided for you.
No outside food is permitted on the premises.
VOLUNTEERS FOR WEDNESDAY AT THE ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER MUST BE 14 YEARS OR OLDER.
If you are under the weather, have a cold or sickness, or have any type of cuts on your hands (even if covered with band-aids), we ask you please not to volunteer due to health reasons. Volunteers who fail to adhere to the above will NOT be permitted to volunteer. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! This is for everyone’s safety!
HONDA CENTER INSTRUCTIONS THANKSGIVING DAY
The following rules apply to all volunteers on Thanksgiving Day at Honda Center:
• Closed toed shoes of non-slip variety preferred. (Required in the kitchen!)
• MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO WORK IN THE KITCHEN AREA.
• If working in the kitchen or serving line, some form of hat or hair covering (baseball cap,
plastic food processor cap, hairnet, etc.) must be worn.
• Please do not bring any kitchen utensils onto the premises. Everything will be provided for you.
• No outside food is permitted on the premises.
If you are under the weather, have a cold or sickness, or have any type of cuts on your hands
(even if covered with band-aids), we ask you please not to volunteer due to health reasons.
Volunteers who fail to adhere to the above will NOT be permitted to volunteer. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! This is for everyone’s safety!
All volunteers will park in Lot 4. The event will take place in Lot 5. Check-in will take place at designated volunteer check-in area on the Honda Center premises.
Please like us on Facebook to receive up to the date information.